Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake

Wednesday, April 06, 2016
Easter and pumpkin desserts isn't something we mix very often in my family, but....this year I did.  I had bought the stuff to make this recipe last fall, but...life happened, and I don't know why I didn't make it.  When I was pulling out the ingredients for other dishes for Easter, I decided to give this one a go.  It was really delicious, and it's great at room temperature the next day (which is good news for a house with a full oven.  So, file this away, or...hey, bust out the pumpkin this spring...I'm not judging.  I found the original recipe here.  
Pumpkin Dump Cake
Ingredients: 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix), 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk, 3 eggs, 1 c. sugar, 1 t. cinnamon, 1 box Spice Cake Mix, 1 c. butter (melted)
Instructions:  
1.  Heat over to 350.  Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  
2.  Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and cinnamon.  It will be very soupy.  

 3.  Pour into the prepared pan.  Sprinkle dry cake mix on top.  Take the melted butter and drizzle over the top.
 4.  Bake for 55 minutes.  It will be slightly wiggly in the middle even when it's done.  Cool at least 30 minutes.  Serve with whipped cream.
Store in the fridge when you are done.

1 comment

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Mine's identical except for two things: (1) It's called Gooey Pumpkin Cake, (2) It's covered with pecan halves-- Aunt Sherry's recipe states "lots"-- before it's baked. Perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, too!

*hugs*
Kelley~