Pecan Bread

Friday, April 15, 2016
      To put this recipe in blogging terms. I usually don't write down recipes anymore b/c I keep a blog and I can go look them up anytime.  I love this recipe so much it's on a card in my kitchen now so future generations can enjoy it.  Seriously, yum. 
    I have some pecans left over from Thanksgiving (pecans last a long time in the fridge or freezer) and I wanted to try out a recipe I saw awhile ago at justapinch. Not only was it simple to throw together, it was delicious!  You can cut it up like a bar (it's more dense than bread, not as soupy as bread pudding...clearly, I'm not a professional food critic with that array of vocabulary), but I scooped it out like bread pudding.  It would be delicious with ice cream.  I prefer it warm, but am not opposed to eating it at room temperature. 
   This will definitely be making an appearance next Thanksgiving at my table....and probably a few tables between now and then.   Here's a keeper...
Pecan Bread
Ingredients:  1 c. sugar, 1 c. brown sugar, 4 eggs, 1 c. oil, 1 1/2 c. self rising flour*, 1 t. vanilla, 2 c. pecans finely chopped. 
*You can make your own self rising flour by mixing 1 1/2 c. flour with 1 t. salt, and 3 t baking powder.
Instruction:
1.  Mix sugars, eggs, and oil until smooth. 
2.  Add flour, vanilla, and pecans.
3.  Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. 
4.  Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes (until the center is not wet looking). 
5.  Scoop out with a spoon, or let it cool and cut it into squares.  Serve warm with ice cream. 


2 comments

Lori said...

Just pinned this, can't wait to try it. I have all the ingredients I need already!

Christy said...

Please do, and report back! I LOVED it!