Cleaning Hard Water Stains

Monday, April 25, 2016


I've been tormented by this stupid hard water stain at the base of my ice machine/water door in my fridge.  I have tried every product...including my go to/never fail Mr. Clean sponges (I get nothing for saying that, I promise, I just really like them).  The hard water stain remained.
THEN someone suggested vinegar.  I poured some vinegar into each slot.  I let it sit for about ten minutes.  I ran a sponge through each slot when I was done letting it sit, and the water lifted right off.  I can't even explain how much therapy this just saved me.  OK, maybe not that far, but....it really bothered me b/c I cleaned and cleaned.  Good ol' vinegar...I need to buy it in bulk!

3 comments

Msheepers said...

Yup, white vinegar is great for those mineral deposits / build-up in the bathroom too! Really, anywhere you can think of.

Kathy Watson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whatsapp Status said...

Thanks this is the best ever info about filters.