Yellow Squash Casserole

Monday, June 22, 2015
I wish I loved vegetables.  I don't.  I do, however, find I really like squash when done right.  Here's a way to do yellow squash right...and I should know b/c....most of my life is about eating vegetables done wrong...or rather, trying to.  
Yellow Squash Casserole
Ingredients:  4 c. yellow squash (sliced), 1/2 c onion (chopped), 1 roll of ritz crackers (about 30) (crushed roughly), 1 c. cheddar cheese, 2 eggs, 3/4 c milk, 1/4 c. butter (melted), 1 t. salt, 2 T butter (not melted/cubed)
Instructions:  
1.  Place squash and onion in a skillet over medium heat.  Add a small amount of water.  Cover and cook for about 5 minutes (until the squash is tender).  Drain and then add to a bowl.  
2.  In a second bowl mix the cracker crumbs and cheese.  Stir half of the cracker mix into your bowl of squash and onion.  
3.  Into squash and cracker mix, add the butter, and salt.  Spread in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker mix.  Dot with 2 T of butter.
4.  Bake at 400 for 25 minutes until lightly brown.  

No comments